Montreal street fashion, events, style and shopping!

.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sneak Peek into Carrie L's closet

Like you might've read in one of Sabby V's earlier post, the girls from 514StreetChic got together for a photoshoot to expose some of our favorite looks from our closet.



I love the ruffles and detailing on this shirt. I purchased this shirt in fall 2008 in Melbourne, Australia from a company called Dollhouse. Okay, so I know it's a bit far, but you can find similar styles in various stores in Montreal. Why, I saw a very similar shirt at Simons downtown (http://www.simons.ca/), just this summer.

The belt is a handmade leather belt that was given to me as a gift. It's basically a strip of leather that needs to be hand-knotted. Hence, you can place it all all kind of heights on your body to get all kinds of looks: empire-wasit (on rib-cage), tight at the waist, and on the hips. You can even wear it around your neck as a cool scarf or loose tie.

The bag is from Matt & Nat (founded by Montrealer Inder Bedi), and was purchased at Mochico at 4261 St-Denis, Montreal. I love Matt & Nat bags for their style and for the message behind them. By the way, Mochico is a great store to get a mish 'n mash of local designers, including Soia & Kyo coats that are now being sold all over the world. I love local success stories!

The leggings are from American Apparel, a company founded by Montreal-originator, Dov Charney. They are the high-waisted leggings with a slight shine to them. The salesperson at the Ste-Catherine (near Guy metro) store recommended the high-waisted version, because the elastic is loose at the top and avoids any cligging or bad muffin-top situations at the waist (a fashion don't!) It's also more versatile, because you can also tuck in shirts and t-shirts into the high waisted version for a very original look. Also, the high-waist version can be folded if you do want to sit it at the waist.


The wool sweater-dress was purchased at Mango and was part of their fall/winter 2007-8 collection. It's great for fall and winter in Montreal! With the little bit of warmth still present in fall, I usually wear it belt-less with a pair of tights and cute shoes. When it starts to get chillier (aka winter - boo!), I wear the sweater with leggings or skinny jeans and might also dress it with a belt.

The leather belt was purchased in Sydney, Australia from a store called Ojay. I love this belt! I've seen similar styles to it in and around Montreal at stores like Simons and Tristan.

The leggings here are the high-waisted leggings at American Apparel (see description above).

The leather calf-length boots are from Fornarina (http://www.fornarina.com/) and were folded downwards to get this little-booty look.They were purchased at a sample sale in the Chabanel area, but Fornarina shoes can be found at Aritmetik, Chou Chou and Little Burgandy. They are so comfy because the leather and inside of the boot is soft. Also, the heel is a great length for walking through the streets of Montreal.

The funny looking thing in my hair is a hair accessory from Simons. Hmm, not sure what I was thinking when I put it in my hair. At the moment I write this, it looks really random there! I usually wear the flower in my hair when I tie up my hair in a pony-tail or bun.

1 comment: