Montreal street fashion, events, style and shopping!

.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Introducing Carrie L from "514 Street Chic"

What's your style?
Carrie L: Depends on my mood and depends where I'm at.

At work, I'm more conservative, but I love to wear ruffly, romantic shirts and skirts to bring a little zest to the regular office attire (that is so often associated with black and pants). But although I love shirts in the store and on other people, I rarely wear shirts because I can't be bothered to iron them, especially if they've got ruffles!

Outside of work, I love wearing leggings with long shirts and belts or blue jeans with funky, funny t-shirts.

And for going out for a night on the town, it's dresses dresses dresses!

Favourite designers?
Carrie L: I actually don't own anything from them, but I get lots of inspiration from Jean-Paul Gauthier, Chanel, Michael Kors.

Favourite celeb styles?
Carrie L: To name a few: Rachel Bilson, Reese Withersppon, the cast of Gossip Girl, Jennifer Aniston (don't care much for her as actress though--sorry),

Rachel Bilson



The cast of Gossip Girl (...yes, even druggy-looking 'Lil Jenny):

Taylor Momsen


Leighton Meester



Blake Lively

Favourite stores in Montreal?
Carrie L: Lots of stores! It depends on the occasion:

- For work clothes: BCBG Maxazaria, Club Monaco, Zara, Simons (Contemporaine and Icone lines mainly), United Colors of Bennetton, RW&Co, Dynamite, Mango, etc.

- For casual clothing: Love the shorts and casual weekend clothing at Club Monaco, the Twik line at Simons, simple everyday t-shirts and other at Le Garage, Lola &Emily, but otherwise a bit of stuff here and there...

- For shoes: I swear by Nine West and BCBG shoes, because of comfort and style. I love Aldo shoes, but I don't think my feet are quite the right shape for them. I love and dream of shoes at Chou Chou, and there's a store on de la Montagne (or Crescent) that sells Christian Louboutin's. I don't actually shop there or go in, I just stare at the shoes through the glass, like a kid in the candy store! I'm sure the shopkeepers must see me all the time ("Ah, not HER again!")

- For purses and wallets: I have an obsession with Matt&Nat and Samsara - both Montreal designers!

- For accessories: I just adore the accessories section at Simons, the earrings, belts, headbands at Forever 21, sometimes Dynamite has really elegant yet funky accessories.

- Other stores I love to visit and where you can find a lot of different things for different occasions: Stacey Zhang, Olam, Bubbles, Maskerad (on Mont-Royal Ave)... oh and so many more!

What are you loving right now?
Carrie L: Belts and boots--long thigh-high boots. Very super-hero catwoman like! But, I'm not sure if Montreal is ready for thigh high boots; it might be too red-light-district-St-Laurent-after-10pm for some... Ooh and I am really loving the resurgeance of the 'flapper' style ('30s) and old Hollywood black-and-white movie glamour--which I've always loved since I was a kid.


High boots - Jean-Paul Gauthier fashion show in Paris



A flapper inpired design from Jean-Paul Gauthier's fashion in Paris (for fall/winter 2009/10)


Old hollywood glamour - Another Jean-Paul Gauthier from his fall/winter show in Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment