Montreal street fashion, events, style and shopping!

.

Friday, October 9, 2009

The latest fall/winter collections : Re-discovering Tristan

Re-discovering Tristan after it lost America and lost Iseut
I was shopping for a dress at Fairview this weekend and after a few shops, my friend suggested we take a look in Tristan.

Ok, I have to admit I didn't really think I was going to find anything at Tristan. I hadn't been in Tristan in ages, since as far as I could remember, it was clothing way beyond my age and budget (ok I admit I'm at least 5 years older now and working, but what I mean is that it's stuff my mom would wear).

When I trudged into the store, my eye caught a glimpse of some really cute outfits right away. What a surprise! The styles I spotted were fresh, some very trendy. The colors of the clothes, the racks, the tables, and the walls were all so modern - what a nice change from the former dark walls and dim lighting!

The salesperson told me that in the last year, Tristan had been changing their look. First, they dropped the name America and put all the collections under the Tristan banner (remember when Tristan was 'Tristan and Iseut' for women and America was only for men?). Second, they modernized their styles and tried to appeal to a younger crowd.

There's still clothing tailored to the more mature woman. I guess I could say they've got two looks to their newest collection, one more work/conservative look and the other one being more trendy and casual.

 <-- They changed their logo too :)

I came out of the store with a green dress (from their summer collection - on sale :) ) and with this nice and happy feeling. I'm happy to have "re-discovered" Tristan especially because it's Canadian and local (head office is in Montreal). They were showcasing their Canadian-made items (on promotion) 2 weeks ago, but I wasn't able to post this in time...

Tristan's newest collection (fall/winter - in stores now) has some really fabulous pieces that are so in line with what's in style now. Check it out at : http://www.tristanstyle.com

Here's a sample of my favourite looks:
  
 

What do you think of their new look and collection? Leave your comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment